Monday, September 21, 2009

First Four Days

Well, It has been a crazy first four days. The spanish is coming along very nicely, thanks to the spirit. It is truely amazing how much of it I can already understand and speak and it'\s only been four days.

The MTC is pretty cool. It's like... I don't know what it's like. It's like bumping into old friends that you haven't met yet. However I have bumped into a few friends that I have met. I have the same meal times as Elder Clark! It was so cool to look over and see him and then get to talk to him for a little bit. And Elder Cooper, my cool roommate from colledge.

My spanish teachers remind me of that first french class that Kj and I took as kids. Most of the time they don't speak in english. It's a little stressfull but I kind of like it. It really makes me have to stretch and put my trust in the lord that I will understand. But all of the other elders in my zone are testamonies that I will understand in a couple weeks. They are so cool.

My companion Elder Lim is from Korea and Canada and Salt Lake. He's really cool. Unfortunatly he forgot his gym shoes so he walks around in his gym clothes with his dress shoes on. Very classy. He is really helping me move out of my comfort zone. We were assigned to Make three "Contacts" where we introduce our selves and bear our testamonies in spanish and over the past two days we've done twenty. It's really been helpful and I know/hope that my spanish is getting better.

The food here is pretty good. It reminds me of a scripture. I think that it's in Jeramiah 4:16 or 18 I think it's around there. look it up. It will tell you all you need to know about the food here.

Um... Oh the first day here Elder Lim and i ate with president and sister smith. it was really cool to talk with them. whoa sorry it seems that my capitol letter don't want to work. sorry about that.

dad, thanks for the letter. it was really cool to have something to read yesterday. i really enjoyed the card.

i hope that all is well back home. you are ever in my thoughts and prayers.

so my p-days are going to be on fridays so i will write letters and read and send emails on friday, so if you don't hear from me for a week, that is why.

um... oh yeah, there is a tree at the mtc that smells like cream soda. elder lim and i have smelled it about twnety times. it is so funky. and people who don't know about it are all like, "what are those guys doing?" if they only knew what they were missing out on.

ok i got to go now. my laundry is done and my time has run out.

I love you very much and i hope to hear from you soon.

love,
Elder barker