Saturday, November 14, 2009

T minus 3-2-1

GABURGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Lift off, we have lift off.

So! guess what!? I'm leaving the MTC IN FOUR DAYS!!! WOOT!!! So update on the whole address thing: The email will stay the same I belive and the snail mail package address is changing to:

Elder Soren Barker
California Anaheim Mission
2500 N. Bristol St.
Santa Ana. CA 92706

And that will change when I get to my apartment So... Yeah If you want to send me mail send it there untill further notice.

Ok enough of the boaring fact updates, now... HOW ABOUT THIS SNOW HUH?!? Beautiful! This morning when we walked out of the temple and looked back at the temple and the Squaw Peak and the like, IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!Wow... Snow SNow SNOw SNOW SNOWWWWWWW! I'm sorry I can't help but include a White christmas quote in these letters. I'm not going to have a white christmas for a while after all.

Um... So... It's so weird thinking that I'm not going to be in the MTC anymore... It's like... Weird.

So, I just finished reading through the Book of Mormon. Man it must have been hard to be Moroni. When I read Moroni 10 I just sat back in like a stunned shock setting because his faith and strength just astounds me. I mean to translate the Jaredite record and carry the plates across the wilderness while hiding from people who have killed your nation and are searching for you, and burying the record in a hill hoping that they will be found and that his life's work wil have been worth something. Man.... So amazing.


OH! Grandpa And Grandma Barker, Thank you soooo much for the pickles! Everyone in my District is raving about them. We had a little soire (sp?) in the residence hall a couple nights ago and we dined on pickles! it was glorious! thank you!

Thank you all for your letters and your support! I can't belive that it's already time for me to go out to California! I know that I won't really be able to understand much of what the people will be saying but I'm really excited to get out there.

The Church is True! God is our loving Heavenly Father and he Lives. I know he lives becasue I've prayed and recieved answers to my prayers. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that through him we can retrun to live with God and Jesus and Our families for eternity.

Love,

Elder Barker

No comments: