Friday, January 8, 2010

So!

Well another week has come and gone. And the Year went with it too! 2010. Weird...

Well this has been a week.

Last Monday we were in a trio because Elder Cowan's Companion was heading home so he was without a comp. until his new companion came in on Tuesday. It was a crazy night. Mostly it was crazy because of the people we talked to. I already wrote mom about it, and I'd rather not get into the details, but sufficed to say the guy was really negative and mean and downright rude to us. But that was Monday.

Tuesday was an example of how there is balance in all things. Monday we had the crazy evil guy and Tuesday we were walking in the park and we talked to these two people and they wanted to sit down and hear more and were really interested, and it was like night and day from Monday. Funky stuff...

Oh funny thing. We thought that the mail from Maine took a long time to get out here, but on Tuesday I got a letter that was sent on November 24 from China. (I got the letters on Tuesday because we met with the zone leaders to pick up some supplies and they had mail. I still have to wait until Thursday to get mail on the normal day) But hey! I got a letter from China! Thanks Em.

Wed. It rained again... But cool thing I found out that the one of the missionaries who is taking our old place in our last district is ELDER LIM! My old companion is in my Zone! HA!

Thurs. We officially moved into the new district! (And the past few days didn't count because...?) "Because I finally unpacked the last box, so now it's official. Haw-haw-haw." We had district meeting. It was good stuff. Oh ha ha ha! funny story. So that night we were out knocking and this one house didn't have anybody home, but the cat seemed really interested in our message. He was like the friendliest cat I've ever met. and then when we walked away HE FOLLOWED US DOWN THE STREET! ha ha ha! We couldn't shake him for the longest time. - Then we stayed up and drank sparkling cider and said happy new year, and went to bed at 10:30.

Fri.We were at this park and this mother was frantically searching for her lost son. So we decided that we'd find him. We walked around the lake and then we found him. Flagged down the mom and returned him safely to mama. Cool stuff. It made me feel like, "Just doin' my job m'am."

Sat. We knocked this door and the guy who came to the door was like, "Hmmm this must be a popular street today. We've already seen four other missionaries before you guys." Oops. Ha ha. Dude! It's a sign! Talk to us man! How many windows of opportunity are you going to pass up? Then later we ran into him again at the park! DUDE!

Sunday was a lovely Sunday. Man i love church and having that time to really recharge.

Well that was my week. Oh By-the-by

I think that they are changing up the email thingy so my new email address will be

soren.barker@myldsmail.net

I think...


Thank you all for your emails and letters. I really REALLY appreciate them. They are the ray of light in my otherwise cloudy day. WHOA DOWNER! Sorry about that. Didn't mean for it to sound like I'm not having fun out here. Why would I be out here if I wasn't having fun?

I love you all. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I miss you tons.

Happy new year. Let's make it the best!

-Elder Barker

No comments: