Monday, January 18, 2010

Blue-no YELLO-O-O-O-o-o-o-o-o-w-w-w-w-w....


So!
 
What a week! I'm not even sure where to start... maybe at the beginning is best.
 
MON: Our car battery died. and so we had to get a jump and then have a new battery put in. OY! What a drag that was. But thankfully our car works now! Yay! But it took along time for us to get back out work, so we decided to check up on some potentials and then Check up on David. David greeted us with a big, "Hey guys! Guess what?! I'm going to be a Dad!" ... Yay? "And I'm Moving in with her!" (she lives out of our area) DARN YOKO Ono's:  they always break up the band.
 
Tuesday: Two solid appointments fell through. OY! So we decided to go out knocking. The first Door where someone answered the Guy (Brad) was interested in hearing more and we sat down with him and talked about God and Prophets and The earthly ministry of Jesus Christ and How after The Apostles and their followers were killed the authority that they had was lost. and then we talked about Joseph Smith and how God and Jesus Restored that Authority through him and we talked about the Book of Mormon and it was really good talk. So that was cool. OH then we had FISH TACOS! I know... sounds weird BUT Oooohhhh man... They are so good. I ordered two and ended up eating Five.
 
Wed: I went on exchanges with Elder Lancaster up in the North Hills. and We talked with alot of less active members. and ate at L&L Hawaiian Barbecue. MOM! I've found it! POG!!~!~~!!!!! I wasn't able to get my hands on it but I know where to find it. Ohhhh boy. Passion Orange Guava Here I come!
 
Thursday: A lot of clearing up weird Ideas about the Church. "Aren't you guys a Cult?" nope here's why... "Don't you believe that Satan and Jesus are blood brothers?" Nope, here's what we do believe... "Don't you believe that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy ghost are one person?" Nope, I don't know how you would think that we believe that because Joseph Smith saw God the Father who said pointing to Jesus Christ "This is my beloved son Here him" two people. Lots of stuff like that. Then we met with Brad again and talked more! Wooot! Cool stuff.
 
Fri: oy... long day.
 
Sat: Talked with lots of people.
 
Sun: Stake conference!!! Sooo GREAT! Elder Holland and Sister Matsumori and President Uchtdorf Spoke. SOOOOOOO good. then we met with Brad again! Soo long week but it ended on a high note.
 
 
Let me see what else to write... um....
 
 
well, you asked me a few questions: How was my week? See above.
 
What new things have I tried that I have never seen before? Hm.... FISH TACOS!!!
 
What does it Smell like here? It depends on where I am. If I'm in a Hispanic area, Mexican food. If I'm in a Indian Area, INDIAN FOOD! OOooo curry... so good. If I'm in a English area... not much...
 
What is my name? My name is James Tiberius Kirk!
 
What is my favorite color? Blue... no YELLO-O-OW
 
 
MOM! I love the pictures of the Living room! It's about time that room had a little fung added to it's shwey. I like it alot. and thanks for the hug. I can feel it all the way out here! Ooof... Can't... breathe...-There. that's better.
 
DAD! thanks you soooo much for your letters! I LOVE THEM! AND YOU! So... The young men met together and planned the year out eh? Ahh the memories... so fond. and (this just shows how far behind I am on the whole new thing... you took KJ to the airport. Well... the sooner she goes then sooner she can come back, right!
 
KJ! I'm sitting here talking about you and you're right there. How rude of me. How are ya?! I hope all is well in the world. I LOVE YOUR GUTS!
 
MAREN! Guess what! I met this girl who I think you'd like. her name is Natelly (sp?) and she has Hydrocephalus. She reminded me of you.
 
KJ! Natelly has a shunt. It took all I had in me not to say, "I'll tell you one thing Doc: I Love My Shunt!" ha ha.
 
Yes I know... I'm insane.
 
well. That's it folks! 
 
Thanks for your letters and email! they are a stream on golden light when all about is dark. Their coming brings us pleasure and their departure leaves us longing for more. (anyone? anyone?)
 
OK! I'll catch you later!
 
I LOVE YOU!!!
 
-Elder Barker (Esquire the Third)
 
;)

No comments: