Monday, May 9, 2011

"what's new with me?" you say. Well... April 19th

Monday We played an awesome match of Ultimate Frisbee! Fun stuff. Tweety called us up and said, "Hermanos. can we meet up tonight?" -Uh sure... is everything OK? "Yes fine! I just want to meet up with you guys, for like 15 min at the chapel." OK!
So he gets there and we say, -Is everything OK? This was kind of last minute. "No, no. Everything is fine. I just wanted to be in the chapel. i feel good here." We started off with a prayer and then he looked up at a painting of Christ on the wall and started talking to it... "you always watch over my kids. You know what's going on. Thank you. You are the best." Ha ha. So we explained how we can pray anywhere and we don't need to pray to a picture to pray. funny lesson.
Tuesday was Interviews with President Watrous. So sad... That was the last formal interview with him. (sniff*) He bore his testimony of the saviour to me. WOW. So strong. "I know that Jesus is the Christ and I know what that means. Jesus, is a name that comes from Greek. In Hebrew it is Jeshua, or God saves. Christ, is also Greek. In Hebrew it is messiah, anointed one. Jesus is the anointed one. He was anointed in the pre-mortal existence. Someone had to anoint him. That was God the Father." So good. Later we had a meeting with Angels and Demons. The Father was like, "I'm ready to be baptized! i don't have any fear or anxiety or anything!" the mom on the other hand, "What happens if he's baptized and I'm not?..." hopefully she can gain a desire soon.
Wed. We had a lesson with Tweety and before the lesson I took down the picture. After the opening prayer he was like, "Hey... where's the picture?" ha ha.
Thurs was Thursday...
Friday We had a lesson with Angels and Demons. He was all excited about his baptism so we taught him a couple more commandments and set a time for the bap interview. Then we met with this Gal who had met with missionaries in the past and we talked to her and she really had read a lot of the Book of Mormon, it was pretty fun teaching her. Hopefully she'll be able to make it to church.
Sat. We went to the temple for a grounds tour. It went well. It was really weird though, because while there I saw two Men who had served in this mission with me who had gone home already. Weird to see them without Name tags... WHAT?! There's life after the mission?! anywho. after that we got together with Angles and Demons and The Zone leaders came and did an interview AND... He's going to wait for another week. He wants to be sure he can be able to keep the commandments and Because of economic stress he's not sure he can pay tithing. So we'll keep meeting with him and help him build the faith in God that even in tough times when we are obedient to the laws of God He will help us though.
Sunday was a Ward conference. Great stuff. Lot's of people were there who usually don't come, so that was fun to see them. Angels and Demons didn't make it though... and we weren't able to contact them by phone or in person... I hope all is well. Later we walked past this guy making carne asada who said, "hey I'm a member of the church! Come have some carne!" I can't turn down food- especially CARNE ASADA!!! But then after that we went to our dinner appointment and the lady of the house Pulled out four plates of food and set two in front of me and two in front of Elder Tinti... Oh dear... Elder Tinti said, " Come on elder! you can do it! it's all mental." So I stuffed myself to the rafters- no it was higher than the rafters. think Geese feeding until every time they lean over food falls from their mouth full. That was what it was like.
And today we went hiking again! And... that's all folks!
Thank you ever so much for all of your support. I need it.
I love you all more and more every day.
stay strong. Keep Cool. Smell sweet and EAT MEAT!!! Ha ha Just kidding.
Love you lots!
-Elder barker

No comments: