Monday, February 8, 2010

Australia-Australia-Australia-we love you-AMEN!

And now for something completely different!
 
What a week... We started Wednesday looking for one of our investigators and instead of finding him we found a new one! Cool! We talked to him a bit and hopefully we can meet with him more but it's looking like his work schedule is totally crazy and the time just isn't there for us to meet up again. Ooof-dah... But hey! We are finding people to teach.
 
Thursday we had a couple appointments fall through but we found some potential investigators. Cool! (is it just me or am I sensing a pattern? When we are in the right area at the right time we can find the right people.) Cool!
 
We went on exchanges again. This time I stayed in my area and Elder Whited came over and we went all over the place trying to find people to teach. OY! I missed driving, but after a day of driving all over the place i'm ok with being the passenger. ;)
 
Let me see what else to write about...............
 
So, we were talking to this woman yesterday and she wasn't interested but she said we could pick some oranges from her orange tree and take them with us. We did. They were delicious! Oh man, they were good. I squeezed myself a glass of hand squeezed homemade homegrown hometown homely home-dog Orange juice. Yeah-we're thinking about going back for more oranges ;)
 
Ha! Spanish is so funny! We'll be talking to someone and then they will say... something... and I have absolutely no idea what they are saying. HA HA! So... the conversation probably translates to something like this:
Hi! We're missionaries.
-Oh yeah, I've talked to you guys before.
That's great! So you got a chance to sort of sit down with them and talk for a bit?
-Nah.
Oh, well we'd love to share a message with you. Could we?
-You want to talk about church and that kind of stuff?
... ... ... Um Sorry, I didn't quite get that.
-you want to talk about church and that kind of stuff?
... ... .... Um Sorry, I didn't quite get that. Could we share a message with you?
etc.
Ha ha. Sometimes I feel like that voice on the phone when you are checking for the movies at the theater. You know the one who is all interactive until she can't quite catch what you are saying. Oh well.
 
 
What else... what else...
 
I don't know what else to write.
 
HAVE A GREAT! WEEK!
 
OH! I know- Everybody join in: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOOOUUUUU!!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOUUUUUUU!!!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAAAAADDDD!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!!  
 
and manny moooorree....
 
 happy birthday dad. Man, you did it! you survived another year! Wooo hoo!!! I hope you have a great day full of time to read books (Dicky Smothers) and take walks (IN THE SNOW?!?) and write poems (Ahem! this is my poem. it is no one else's it is mine. the following is my poem... Ahem... Hem HEm AHEMMM EMEHE HEHM HOOEWM AHEMNYHUUUEM AHEM!!! hem... the next thing that you shall hear from my lips is my poem, which is mine.
Happy birthday
Happy birthday to you
happy birthday. (it's a haiku.)
 
Any who... That's all for now!
 
Thank you soooooo Much for your Emails and Letters. Wow! I love hearing from you all. 
 
I love you all sooo much. and I think about you all the time! Be well.
 
Love ya!
 
-Elder Barker 

No comments: