Monday, March 15, 2010

ERIN!!!! GO BRAGH!!!!!!

Whoa... That was a week? It was another one of those weeks that seem like a month but pass by in a day. If that makes any sense at all... I realize that it doesn't- BUT seriously... CRAZY!
 
So...Where to begin? I guess I'll start at the beginning and when I get to the end stop!
 
MONDAY: Good day. P- day is always so nice. And I ABSOLUTELY love LOVE hearing from you all! thank you so much for your updates and stories.
 
TUES: So! we had a lesson with this Spanish guy. In Spanish. and It's been a while since I've taught in Spanish....... But I guess that he understood. It was so funny, I would say something and then look at him to make sure that he understood and then he'd say the word I actually meant. So really he taught himself. I was just prompting. OH yesh, some random dude swore at us as we were riding down the street. Thanks dude.
 
WED: We finally contacted a guy who had said that he wanted us to stop by sometime and talk. That.... was interesting. He really was interested, but...(not like wanting to bash or anything) he got off on some tangent and told us all of the woes and sorrows of his life. Whoa dude. We don't need to here your confession. In fact we aren't authorized to hear your confession. STOP! GAAAAHHH!!! so... That was weird. BUT later we had about the coolest lesson ever. This girl was like AMazing! We'd teach a principle and then she'd expound on it with stuff that we hadn't even covered yet. AWESOME!
Oh yeah. We're still trying to teach Carmen, that old Spanish woman, how to read. She's having a little bit of trouble figuring out that you can sound out words or parts of words. Hmmm... difficult.
 
THURS: Crazy day. I can't even condense it. OK I'll try. District meeting, teaching Carmen some more, contacting less active members that actually turned out to be active members, Stopping by a member's apartment where she is helping a friend kick meth, long chat with an atheist dude about theater productions that he's in, got dropped by some investigators, read a bit with a less active member, raced to an investigator's home but he was busy, talked to the husband of a less active member, and then went back to our apartment. Long day...
 
FRI: Lots of lessons. OK this time I'm really not going to try to condense it.
 
SAT: Long day with lots and lots of people who were not receptive at all. Long day... In the morning we got a knock on the door. Yes, Jehovah's witnesses! When ever they knock on the door they're like:
 
"Oh... hi... Um.... 
 
*to each other:  "What do we do?"
"I don't know just give them a flyer." 
"But they're missionaries."
 "I know. But you can't just stand there looking silly."
 "Do something!"
--- Um... here's a flyer. Have a good day."
 
Yesterday was a rough day... Man, people are rude sometimes. And sometimes they have absolutely no drive at all.
 
If I saw a miracle would I recognize it?

Well, in other news, WELCOME to the world Maile! We are so happy that you arrived safely. And we're so happy that you're part of our family! Welcome!
 
KJ! I LOVE YOUR GUTS! and I miss you like a fat kid misses cake.
 
Oh yeah... I'm six months "old" tomorrow.... weird. Well I've got three more of those to go!
 
I'm so sorry to hear about Mark Brewer. it's times like those that really bring the reality of mortality into perspective. But it also is accompanied with the reminder that Death isn't an end of existence. In fact all it is is the door into the next scene. Which makes a kind of sense when you look at every exit as an entrance somewhere else.
 
I love you all. More and more each day.
 
 
Confession: I'm not wearing green for St. Paddy's. Reason: I don't have any! Ba ha ha ha!
 
So, I love you all. Thank you all for your emails, and letters, and love and all that other good stuff.
 
Be well.
 
-Elder Barker 

No comments: