Saturday, April 17, 2010

I am not a stranger-to the wind

Monday March 29, 2010

What a wind! goodness. I know- I know. "Elder Barker, all you do is complain about the weather." But come on! seriously? When you're peddling forever and you get nowhere then there is something wrong.
Well the new transfer started off with five referrals that came via text within a minute of each other. So that was cool! Sadly only two of those referrals were actually interested in talking with us. But hey! that's better than none.
We talked with this one guy who is 97 years old. Wow! And he looks like he's a mere shmere lad of seventy. I don't know what his secret is but he was up and about and talking and chatting and he just HAD to give us the grand tour of his home and yadda yadda yadda. He was nice but he wasn't interested in talking much about the gospel.
Oh on wed we had a crazy long "Discussion" with these "Gentlemen" ugh. They made me sick. all they wanted to do was argue. Come on guys. If you don't want to hear our message, let us go talk to people who do. Oy... It was probably partially a bit my fault that we didn't leave sooner. Ok it was my fault, I shouldn't have fallen for their tricks and sat there and tried to reason with them. When all they want to do is fight you can never get to a point where they will listen. Oh well.
On Saturday we taught this amazing lesson to this couple who had ordered a Bible and a Book of Mormon, like a month ago and we couldn't get a hold of them until now. They were listening so intently and He was like, "well it makes sense. If God spoke to Noah and Moses and to prophets in the old testament, why wouldn't he do the same today?" AWESOME!
Speaking of Prophets and apostles, I am SUPER excited for General Conference this Sat and Sun. So excited to hear what direction and advice they have for us. AND it's on EASTER Sunday! WOOT!
How cool is that? I mean really.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KJ! and happy passover! Next year in the holy land! (or more like, next year in southern California, for me)
Thank you for all of your letters, tapes and t-shirts (yes I did get the package, thanks em and brett) and emails! I love LOVE hearing from you all.
Talk to you later!
I love you all.
-Elder barker

No comments: