Monday, February 8, 2010

One thing- one thing can bring you round- Changes!

PART 1


So! I'm being transferred today.  {Editor Mom, here:  His address remains the same, however...}
I'm leaving the safe harbor of the YSA branch and my trainer and (sniff*) all that good stuff and Racing off to the next level of the adventure! HA HA!
It's kind of a bummer though because I won't be able to be here to see some of our investigators progress, but I know that the Elder who is coming in to my spot up here is really really great. so no worries there.
well... besides that Mrs. Lincoln...
So! we got this list from our new Branch Mission leader of the Young single adults in the acacia park ward and we've been contacting the heck out of these less actives! it's been good. and it's really brought the importance of constantly renewing covenants and staying faithful to my view. Man... It's a rough world out there. It's a wonder anybody survives without the Gospel.
Ok funny story!
We went out to eat at this AMAZING hot dog place. (Sooo good.) And When I ordered toppings on my kilbausa (sp?) I asked for the usual: peppers, onions, ketchup, mustard, and then I saw Sauerkraut up on the list of things to order... I also saw Coleslaw. Meaning to say 'saurkraut' I ordered Coleslaw. The lady looked at me, puzzled, and said, "On top of your sausage?" I said, "OF Course!" thinking Duh... it's sauerkraut. So... I got a sausage with coleslaw on top. HA HA! Silly brain:  tricks are for kids.
I'm going to miss being with the people up here in Fullerton. President Redd is such a good man. I would say that he is a godly man indeed. And the members! So fun! I'm really going to miss them...
BUT! I'm off to the new area where the Lord needs me!
Let's see, another cool experience of the week:  We were knocking this area and this couple invited us in and we chatted and then we talked about the restoration and introduced the Book of Mormon to them and then invited them to church. It was soo cool! I love teaching people on the spot! Hopefully they will want to learn more and follow the example of the Savior.
OH YEAH! I had a really weird dream. I dreamt I came home for a week, and saw the fam and I saw MAX! and I saw Melissa Borjas (sp*) we talked a bit in espanol. and then Dad flew me back out here. It was a very nice shore leave in my dreams. It was like the break that Ender got between battle school and the commander's school in Ender's Game. 

And it was so good to see you all. 

I miss you guys.
Sorry if letters last time and this next time are a bit short. I'm pressed for time right now. But! Fear not! I am well and I still exist!
I love you all
Peace!
-Elder barker

PART 2

All righty then... time for part two of the saga.
 
I'm now in my new area, Garden Grove. or as many people pronounce it Darden Dov. Yes many people of Asian decent here. You should see the architecture of the things out here. Even the bus stops have that turned up tip that is so popular in the orient. Ha ha. Noah I feel like I can kind of relate now. I'm in little Saigon! But I can only kind of relate. Props to you for going so long without English!
 
Let me see... what is new since 6 hours ago... At transfers it was so good to see a few of the elders from my district at the MTC. Awww... I miss those guys.
 
wow... I really don't have much more to add...
 
Oh yeah. I'm now on bike. So I get to bike around and lose some of the weight that I picked up in Fullerton just sitting in the car all day! YEah! Woot! I'm going to be Iron Man when I'm done!
 
so, now I get to start over. But I get to come in just as an investigator is getting baptized. This Sunday! very cool. I love baptisms. They are just wonderful. It's so cool to have that sort of jump start in my new area.
 
Ok... that's all for this week. for reals this time.
 
 
I love you. Thanks for the letters and emails! I love hearing from you all. Especially you.
 
Be well.
 
-Elder Barker esquire III

1 comment:

tabitha said...

I stumbled upon this journal and do not mean to blog on your blog, but it was a neat coincidence. I was just talking to a new friend who is LDS, and told him about my period of investigation, which I stopped suddenly when I was about 19. I had not spoken of it in years, so it is quite interesting that I should stumble now upon your journal at the time of your transfer.

I lived in Oakland, Ca. I attended the church more than once and was well into my decision to join.

I have nothing against the church at all, but the reason I quit was that the two elders that were assisting me were separated suddenly (a routine thing). I was so comfortable with them that I could not bring myself to continue. It was a deeply personal time for me, and I was shocked.

Best wishes to you,

Tabitha