Friday, October 23, 2009

Sing. Sing a song. Sing out loud. Sing out STRONG!

So, Another week has come and gone.
-yup.
And you stayed up all night in the pumpkin patch?
-Yup.
And the great pumpkin never showed up huh?
-nope.
Don't worry, Linus.
I've done a lot of stupid things in my life too.
STUPID!? What DO you MEAN STUPID?!!
Just you wait Charlie Brown!
HA ha ha! Classic. Anywho... So update for the week. ermm... well... Pretty much the same ol' same ol' in the MTC. Lots of spanish and lots of spanish and Lots of studying and yeah.

The senior Elders in our zome are heading out into "the lone and dreary world" this week. So that means my district is the senior district pretty soon. CRAZY!!! It's going by so fast but as slowly as possible. I'm telling you guys: Time doesn't work in the MTC! It's the weirdest thing.

Anywho- Elder Bennington (Our current Zone leader) and I are writing a story. Paragraph by paragraph. It's kind of like those, ''And then...'' stories we used to make up years ago, but it's a little crazy. But is SO much fun. We've decided to continue the story through out our missions. It's a crazy blend of Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter, Labarinth, and Maddness! It's bliss.

Elder Lim and I are continuing to get ahead of the game, we are learning/ teaching lesson two in spanish already. It's so fun!
Pero es múy dificile.

IT'S OCTOBER!!!! Ahhhh the air is so nice and crisp. I hear that it snowed back East: what's that all about? What a whacky weather pattern we've been having huh?

I hope all is well. Everything is fine with me. I am just learning to put my trust in God and I know that he has helped me and will continue to help me to learn the language.

Dear Barkers: Thank you for your FHE letters. It's so fun to hear what is going on in your lives. You guys are so wonderful and I'm so greatful that I'm related to you.

Ma 'n' Pa, Keep up the fa'm. Give Abby a big hug for me. And Remember that I love you sooooooooo much.

Kj, ROCK ON! You are the bestest ever. I miss your guts.

Everybody else. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, g2g Bye!

-Elder Barker


[Here is a snippet of another part of a letter Soren sent to me this week: I thought it would be appropriate---Anne]

Ok, so here are some phrases I have translated and I'm sure I will sound like a Gringo, but who cares:

Elemental, me caro Watson!
y
la lluvia en Espana restos principalmente en la llano.
y
Balido, Patrana!


It's so funny: It's October 16th but I don't feel like it's almost Halloween. I guess I just don't know what the spirit of Halloween is. Does anybody know what Halloween is all about?

"Sure, Charlie Brown, I can tell you...... Lights, please?
And there were in the same country, goblins tending their toadstools and watching their ghouls by night.
When lo, the Great Pumpkin appeared unto them and said,
"Be AFRAID, for I bring you great tidings of GREAT TERROR.
For unto you is found this eve, in the homes of those you haunt, CANDY, which is bad for the teeth.
And this shall be a sign unto you: You shall find the candy at every door, once you've cried these words: "Trick or Treat!"
And then there was a multitude of squashes and gourds surrounding the Pumpkin, crying "Run! Run for your lives: For the Goblins are loose!"
That's what Halloween is all about Charlie Brown. Hee Hee.