Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ka-me-te Ka-ma-te Monday Sept 13, 2010

Whew!
Goodness what a week! I guess there is no where to begin but the beginning.
SO! Monday: Was pretty good. Ya know, the usual. Emails, groceries, laundry, teaching. The norm.
Tuesday we stated the day off with a service project for ladies who were kind of rude and who had a cloud of nicotine hovering around them that was reminiscent of an airport pick-up-and-drop-off zone. Cough! We were helping to set up for this "Senior Sports" thing which looked, well... Bless their hearts... but... hmmm, yes. I think that says it. We took out Our friend Ron with us. He's soo cool. I think I already said this But he's getting ready to serve a mission in Montana so we are taking him out with us a lot. We were able to give a blessing to one of the members, and teach Joseph Leocadio! Woot He's so cool, and yeah... that was the day.
Wed.Was a great day! We met with people we hadn't seen for months. And we were also able to meet with some less active members and some who I had never met before. Man! I wish that people wouldn't make excuses. They just put up these excuses for why they don't go to church or read the scriptures or pray or anything like that and it's just... I want to say pathetic but maybe that's to harsh. No it isn't. It's Pathetic! They are keeping themselves away from God and from blessings that he wants to give them just because they are too busy! Well I'm sorry but you're complaining to the wrong guy! (Ok... getting off my high horse. [Mom if you think that was too strong you can omit it from the email])
Thurs. District meeting was lovely. We had a great lesson on How to improve our personal prayers and it was pretty good. I have some things I've got to work on, that's for sure. We had a lovely lunch at Happy Buffet, which I think is a partial lie, because you are only happy as long as you're eating. I think the same principle applied to the food at BYU-Idaho. Right after your last bight you realized that what you ate wasn't actually food. We took Ron out with us and did some good tracking and we actually talked to some people! yay, They didn't just kick us off their door step!
Friday, was full of planning and a couple lessons with some good people, their motivation is just a little low. so it was ok.
Saturday, We Tracted, went on a temple tour (I just love temple tours. It's so wonderful to walk around the grounds and feel the spirit and the peace and serenity. After all the grounds are dedicated too), Had good meetings with people.
Sunday, We had a wonderful Sabbath! i love church! The youth speaker however was... well... Bless her heart... hmmm yeah, Reading her talk for the first time at the podium. ha ha ha. So funny.
And that Was the week on fast forward and reader's digested.
Fun huh?
Thank you soo much for the letters and cards and emails. You all are wonderful! Thanks for your support. Hey guess what? It's been a year. (whoa... it's been a year? Where did that go? That went by like... super fast. It feels like yesterday I went into the Missionary Training Center. It was yesterday wasn't it? Wow... Scary)
I love you!
Be well.
-Elder Barker

No comments: