Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Madness!!!!! Oct 18th, 2010

WHOA!
Transfers always throw me for a loop. So! I get a call from President Watrous Saturday night.

(No big deal right? I'm just going to be released from being district leader, right?.....................WRONG!)

He called me to inform me that the Lord has called me to be a Zone leader! BAAAHH!H!!

Didn't see that one coming.
Man... now I have to leave this awesome area... Oh well. C'est la Vie!
SO This past week was pretty eventful.
Monday we went shopping at the mall for our activity last week. Man... I always feel under dressed, even in my best suit. That was fun. Then we had a Samoan feast! And taught a lesson to their friend but she was a little frazzled from a murder that had happened last week near her apartment. So...

(Santa Ana is a crazy place, I'm tellin' ya.)
Then we had the week-long training meeting for the "Fundamentals of Preach my Gospel: Teaching more effectively" That I had to direct and teach. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS! It really was a good training. It's so exciting to be a part of this great world-wide change! YAY! More effective! Efficiency! Huzzah!
During the time we had after the meetings everyday, we fit in some good work: We met with this family a couple times and we read out of the Book of Mormon with them and it was great. We were arranging rides for them to come to church like they've said they would for the past three weeks and have flaked out every time AND!! this Sunday!!! The flaked out again... arrgh.
BUT! We also were meeting with this other fellow who has been striving to give up smoking AND! He made it to church! Huzzah! It's so nice when people actually keep commitments! What a novel idea! Doing what you said you would! WOW!
Any who... Um.. Yesterday I got to bear my testimony to the ward. So sad... but I started off like this:
"TA-Loooooo-Fa!...

Ma-Oh-L-Lei!...

Aloha!...

Hola!...

Howdy!

...did I miss anyone?"

[somebody yelled ] Ni how!

"Oh! Ni How!" Ha ha ha. So fun. I love a good mix of nationalities.
After all, I am Aficasi, Hapa-hauli, and I've got poly in my blood! ;)
Well, I had to say goodbye to Joseph Leocadio... :'(
But we swapped info so we should be able to stay in touch. Man! It has been great to see him just take off! He's caught onto the Gospel and he's going strong!
Well.....that's all for now.
I love you all!
Wish me luck.
YOU ARE THE BEST!
Love ya!
-Elder Barker

No comments: