Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So, what happend this week? Oct, 13 2010

Not much.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of the transfer cycle again where we had the week long training on Worldwide Effective Teaching stuff. So, it was good. And I took copious amounts of notes (I'm not kidding ya! Look at the size of it! It's like SPUTNIK!!) Because this week I get to train my district on the whole shabang. Ahhh, the joys of being a District Leader. AAAHHHH!!!!!
So!
Monday was good. We had dinner with a Samoan Family who introduced us to their friends and we taught a lesson. SO cool! i love it when Members are good friends to people and invite them to talk to us missionaries. It was a great meeting. And The food was grreat too. My Samoan Chief Name is "Fia-ai So-o"--'feed me all the time!' ha ha ha. Elder Ortiz's name is "Ai Tele"-- 'Eat too much' ha ha. So fun!
Tuesday I got to go to the training meetings. And when I got out we went on splits with some members and visited to people. Great fun!
Wed. We were able to meet with some great people and help them. One guy was so cool! When we walked to to his house he came out and greeted us with, "I read in the scriptures!" That is probably the best way to be greeted.
Thursday was a great day. We got to meet with a couple less active members and used a good visual teaching method to talk about the Book of Mormon.
Friday was a day of searching.
Saturday was weekly planning.
Sunday was great! But unfortunately none of our investigators made it to church. Even though we hooked them up with rides and visited them Sat night to make sure and all that jazz... but they still weren't able to make it. Interesting... I got to teach gospel principles all by myself. :-0 Elder O was out with our ward mission leader trying to pick up our investigators for church. So... that was fun. Teaching from the hip is fun!
And... yeah...
Man! i just love being out here and learning from President Watrous. He is amazing! And being with such Spiritual Giants for a week of training was great! now I just have to replicate it all for my little district this week... a bit daunting? yes. Possible? also yes, but I'll need your prayers.
I love you all! Thanks for being the best!
have a great week!
Catch you laters!
-Elder barker

No comments: