Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Locked out, twice. Sept. 27, 2010

Hello!
Man what a week. Unfortunately I don't have my journal or planner near so I can't go through the days and check off what exactly happened BUT It was a week. THAT I know!
So, Last Monday Elder Ortiz and I were locked out of our apartment. and after a crazy goose chase for the keys that the mission office said would work but actually didn't we found the maintenance guy and got keys from him. So! That was fun.
I got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders on Wed! That was super fun. I really enjoy being with Elder Soffe. He's a great leader and an even better friend. We were able to teach a couple college kids who let us in and.. it was interesting. They were on the verge of bashing and I'm not sure if they quite understood all we were talking about. Darn Pot. But other than that Mrs. Lincoln, it was good. I did my first baptismal interview! Woot! That was a great experience. Pretty much all it is is where the person who is getting ready to be baptized meets with the district leader and they talk and the district leader makes sure that the person understands what they have been taught and are willing to follow the commandments. So It was great.
Sunday YAY! I was given the wonderful blessing of conferring the Aarronic priesthood onto Joseph Leocadio! Wow what an experience! Words cannot describe the feeling. I just... All I can say is... Man I love God! I had a wonderful spiritual experience as I gave Joseph a blessing. That's all I can say. On another note halfway though Priesthood meeting I reached into my pocket and realized that the car keys were missing. My ca' keys! So that was fun rushing around the chapel, hoping that the keys were somewhere to be found. Thankfully they were in the car. Whew. And the doors were still unlocked. WHEW! That was a close one.
And today We are once again Locked out of our apartment. I think this is becoming a trend. Losing the keys/ locking them in the house... Hmmm... i don't like it. Perhaps we should try climbing in through the window... Nah. I guess we'll try to find the maintenance guy again.
Anywho! Um... yeah. that's all I can think off right now.
I hope you are well, and happy and healthy and cheery and I know this sentence is redundant but it's true.
Thankyou sooooo much for you letters and emails and love.
I love you all soooo very much.
Catch you next time!
-Elder Barker

No comments: