Sunday, November 28, 2010

WHew! That was a close one...(Oct 25th)

HELLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Wow what a week!
Monday I went to my new area and met my new companion, Elder Reidhead. HE IS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!!! We go together like a wink and a smile! I'm super excited for this upcoming transfer! That evening we had a wonderful meeting with a young guy who is meeting with us and has been coming to church AND We also were able to meet with his girlfriend! Soooo fun!
Tuesday was a wonderful thunder storm. What an amazing day.
SO! We parked our car on the street across from this guy's apartment and we went up and he wasn't there. So.... we contacted a couple Spanish people on the street and asked the guy in the produce truck if he knew anybody in the area that would be interested. He wasn't very helpful and nobody was interested.
Instead of contacting more people we were prompted to just hop in our car and head out.
So we hopped back in our car and drove around the corner and decided to walk back to the area an contact another guy who might be interested. Before we go out of the car we saw a FLASH of light!
When we rounded the corner it looked as if someone had lit a firework over by the produce truck and people were all coming out of their homes.
"What happened?"
"The power lines just got struck by lightning and there's a line down."
"Oh... OK."
So we contacted the guy (Weird fellow... Like he is an actor and from what the posters in his ratty apartment would suggest an alcoholic and... it just felt weird in his home...)
When we went back to the car HUGE FLAMES were coming (---"from the side of my face"----) from the produce truck!
Whoa! And the fire trucks were there spraying water and the power line was blowing up with beautiful iridescent colors and loud "BUUUZZZZFFFT GZZZZZZZZIIIIITTTT BAAAAOOOOOOOOOUUMMMMM" sounds and... we were right there.... not two minutes before the power thingy blew up.
Wow.
Thanks God for that one.
That was close!


We met with a wonderful young woman named who is super excited about learning more! I love it!
Wed! We met with a member who hasn't been to church for a bit cause he... is busy? I don't know the whole reason BUT He's really cool cause he's a BOXER who has yet to lose a game. 8-0 all K.O. wow. AND later that evening we taught a Spanish family... My Spanish is... not that good. Ha ha whoooo. I need to study better.
Thursday was a wonderful day or finding people! AND INDIAN FOOOD!!!!! YES MUA HA HA HA !!!! I love it!
I impressed the member who brought us out by asking all the great questions to the server dude. "Is the sag good? What kind of lassi do you have? Mango? I'll take the garlic naan." Ha ha I feel cultured! HA
Friday was: Planning.......

And we met with Berny! cool guy. Picture Wolverine mixed with a revolutionary... pirate. Yeah that's him! Great guy! Fun lesson.
Saturday was... MORE PLANNING!!!!
Sunday was Church! Wonderful branch. I like this area. Fun people good leaders.
So that was the week.
Whew. Thanks for your prayers.
Guess what!
I LOVE YOU!
Especially You Kathy and Kim. "I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, That he, Through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end." (Moroni 8:3) I love you both so much. I'm sending you all my good energy.
Thanks for the letters/emails/ stuff/ PRAYERS (Super thanks for those) You are keeping me Alive! Really!
Catch you next week!
Be well.
ELDER BARKER

No comments: