Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year -MAY 3rd

(Seriously? he's starting off the subject with Christmas music again? I thought we were done with that. Oh well, If he thinks he's being funny I guess we'll humor him.)
HELLO!
So, a reason for the Christmas quote, We just had the most wonderful Sunday. Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and it was Amazing! He is so fun, and funny, and amazing, and I could listen to him all day and not get tired. Wow what a joyous experience to be in his presence. I have had similar experiences twice before. Once when I met Elder L. Tom Perry, and then when I met Elder David Bednar. Those men are amazing. What a testimony to me that they truly are called of god. The glow that radiates off of them is just- ah I can't describe it. Check out Heleman 5 for a reference.
He shared a cool story about most breeds of cow that face their rump into the wind when the snow and winds come and get blown down hill up against the fence and then die, and then another breed that faces head on into the wind and weathers the storm. It was cool to see how when we face things head on and ask help from God we can make it. He also talked about how we need to stand as witnesses of Christ and many other things he did tell us that, if I had time I would share but... I don't so I won't!
Um... other that that... OH! Transfers happened AND! I'm still here in the same area and Elder Saxton is still my companion! Huzzah! This is going to be a great transfer. Hopefully we can get some awesome work done. We see what the ward needs to do and the tricky part will be helping them do it. But challenges are fun right? Of course right.
Things are going good. We are meeting with Kaylee and helping her to understand things better, but the funny thing is that she already gets it and knows it. It's so fun to teach her.
Oh funny line of the week: "Oh sorry we're headed out to the doctor's right now."
-Oh, but we're here to share the gospel with you and how God has a plan for you. This message answers the questions we all have, namely 'Where did we come from?' 'Why are we here?' and 'Where are we going after this life?'
"Well we already know where we are going."
-You do! Wonderful. Where are you going?
"To the doctors. Goodbye."
ha ha ha.
And another experience I gotta share:
We were biking along and we saw this guy at the bus stop. So we pulled up to him and Elder Saxton said, "Hi! We're out here sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with people. Do you believe in Jesus Christ?" the guy (who had orange curly hair, freckles and a poofy orange beard said nothing but looked around in a non-engaging kind of way. "Well, we'd love to share this with you," Edler Saxton continued, "What do you believe about God?" The man still said nothing, but he spat on the ground and glarred around him. "Can I at least give you a card?" Elder Saxton asked. And the man answered, "Are you looking for a fight?!" "Um... no," was our response. "Then keep going. Just keep going." "but-" "Keep Going!" "OK have a nice day!
Wow... some people.
Well that about wraps it up.
Thank you soooo much for your emails and letters, You are all in my prayers and thoughts. I love you!
Be well.
Hurrah for Israel!
-Elder Barker

No comments: