Thursday, September 9, 2010

July 5th -Long time no... Nope it hasn't been that long.

So. HAPPY FOURTH!!!
Fun Fun Fun. So last night the streets were full of people lighting those screaming fireworks and their sparklers and their fountain thingys and all that jazz. So needless to say- driving was eventful. AAAHHH We're under Fire!...works. hee hee hee.
So the week was a good one. We got a referral and when we went to the address to meet the person They were THERE! Wow! and the guy gathered his family around to listen and it was great! just one small hitch in the story. The dad didn't speak English too well. When we were talking about the Period of time after Jesus Christ when the church that he organized fell and we were talking about how that was the dark ages and people were confused, he said, "Oh yeah. Like when it's 2 o'clock in the morning and you try to wake up. Man, I get confused easily during that time of day when it's dark." ha ha.
We also taught Cheyenne a few time this week. It's always funny how our conversations go. He'll get on a tangent and then he'll be telling us how to break into a house. ha ha. The great line of the week from him is, "Man, when i used to loan out money to people- If your late on paying me back, after two weeks You owe me fifty more, after a month it's a hundred, and another two weeks- I shoot you with my sleeper dart take you back to my place, beat you up, take what I want, and then you pay me what you owe me. that was my three strike program." ha ha. Fun fun.
Sunday was a crazy meeting at church. A family that had moved away six years ago was visiting and the mom was playing the organ in sacrament meeting and Belting away America the beautiful over the congregation. ha ha. And there was a baby blessing and the kid started screaming his head off half-way through the blessing. ha ha. I love this church.
But really i do love the church. man, what a great thing that God would do, to organize the church so that we can increase our talents and serve those around us and be supported in our growth as well. Man.
I don't think I write this enough but i know that the book of Mormon is truly a volume of holy scripture. We've been re-reading it as a mission and MAN It is so TRUE! I just can't get over it. Every time I hear an investigator pray to know if it is true the spirit tells me so strongly that it is.
I love you all! Thank you for your support and your love. Man, i need it. Your letters and emails are like those pools of water in the desert that I have just enough strength to get to and then I fill up and keep going on till the next oasis. Thanks for keeping me going.
You all rock!
Be well.
I mean it.
Love you!
-Elder barker

No comments: