Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Aug 22 What a weekend!


This week was wonderful! The West pointers Got BAPTIZED!!! Wow. So Great! I even got to be part of the ordinance, But I'm getting ahead of myself----
Monday, We had an awesome Zone Activity: DODGE BALL!!!! It was super fun. And then in the evening we had family home evening with Miss Moon. It was a good time, sharing the story about king Lamoni's father from Alma 22. Great stuff; look it up.
Tuesday we had a great meeting with the zone and discussed mission rules and stuff. Lots of good energy. We taught this one guy who came to church on Sunday saying, "Soy Mormona. El Salvador. Jose Smith. Moroni. Soy Mormona." Ok... so he's not all there. And it was super funny teaching him because, A) his conversations would go around and around on repeat And B) His outfit: He looked like a mix between Genie from Aladdin and a pimp. Ha ha. Pink silk leopard shirt and blue paisley pants. Crazy. Then we taught the West Pointers the last few principles that they needed to know before baptism and answered some questions and ate some DELICIOUS flautas. I'm drooling thinking...
Wed. We got stuff together for the baptismal program then met with our one-legged friend who loves soccer and even though he's been learning more about the church for 18 years----still won't get baptized. Then most of the West Pointers had their baptismal interview. The dad couldn't make it cause he works. And they passed! And we met with another family and talked about the gospel for a bit.
Thursday I was on exchanges with this Newbie from Mexico and it was super fun. I wasn't too familiar with the area so we got lost a couple times. I mean, I know this area, cause I served here last year BUT that time it was in English and I never was able to adventure into the heavily Spanish areas, So it was an adventure exploring.
Friday West Pointer's Dad passed his interview and we taught a crazy lady who reminds me of a marionette: Her movements and head gestures were just so over dramatic it was almost comical when she'd talk. In the evening we had a missionary activity, where we watched this movie as a ward. Good movie. Our non-member friends liked it too. It was called, "And Should We Die." It was about when Pancho Villa was about to attack the Mormons in Mexico and at the end a Bishop gets shot because he wouldn't deny that he was a Mormon. Then we had a great organizing/planning/meeting where we got maps and figured out where everyone would go for the upcoming Missionary Stake Activity on Saturday.
Saturday was AWESOME! We started off with the missionary activity where the young men in the stake all came together and we went out contacting people with them. What an experience! It was wonderful. The YM loved it too. Then we set up stuff for the West Pointers' baptism and had an awesome service! I got to baptize the Dad and one of the sons. Very cool experience. When the son came out of the water he commented to me, "I feel lighter." Awesome! After that we all went to a carne asada cook out and had a blast!
Sunday the West Pointers got confirmed. The mom commented after Sacrament Meeting, "Taking the sacrament never meant anything to me before, but now- I can feel it working in me." Cool. After church we attended another wonderful baptismal service in the ward. Great things are happening in Zion these days. Then we contacted and taught two guys on the street in the evening. Great week!
Whew.
I hope your week was as fun as mine was. Man, I love you guys. Thanks for the love and support.
Catch you next week.
WOO HOO!!!
-Elder barker

No comments: