Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August 8 And so the end begins

Hello! Wow. A great transfer is about to begin! Saturday we got the call to see who would be going where. Elder Jaquez had been itching to get out of the ward even though he only had just gotten there- but the man Likes English better. BUT he's still in the ward. and that's where he'll finish. I on the other hand have been transferred out of the ward, so I go off into the sunset. Now I don't know what the deal is with me going to areas that I've already served in BUT it happened again! I'm back in the area I was in a year ago! Woo hoo! POLLY World I LOVE IT!!! BUT, this time I shall be in the Spanish ward! YEEE HAaAAA!! I'm still in Spanish! And I'm in my favorite area! AND LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!
So this was the week:
Mon. we did the usual Monday thing: ya' know, shopping, emailing, that stuff. Nothing too exciting. In the evening we tried to meet with Tamales but she was busy moving he sister into another apartment. Funny thing about this family There are the grandparents, parents, five of the six siblings and all of their children living in the same apartment complex. Close family! And when they come to church together they take up two rows! It's so cool to see. Anyways, like I said not much happened on Mon.
Tues. we had Chinese food with some less actives and then taught Jean-luc Picard a little bit. It's hard to keep him on track though. He got off o some... ahem... interesting topics. Then we taught the x-boxer and his wife. She had a really weird concern with what she was reading in the book of Mormon.
"They ate raw meat?!" -yes.
"But why?!" -because they were fleeing the destruction of Jerusalem and had they lit a fire in the wilderness it would have been like shouting 'here we are!'
"But, how could they eat raw meat?" -The lord told them that he would make the meat sweet to them so it wouldn't be dangerous.
"But! Why wouldn't they make fire?!" - um.. because it was a commandment at the time because they were running away.
She just couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of doing that. But in the end her concern was resolved---something about beef jerky and sushi... I couldn't quite catch the whole resolution.
Wed we had a lesson with the Peruvians, who, it turns out, AREN'T MARRIED. oy.
So when were you two married?
"Oh, it's been what... seven years now, right honey? yeah seven years."
-Oh that's wonderful! You know my sister is getting ready to get married. what was the hardest part about your wedding?
"Oh.... well... actually we aren't married."
THEN WHY DID YOU SAY YOU WERE?!!! LIARS!! whatever.
I couldn't quite get a straight answer from them about why they weren't married yet. HELLO?? you have a child! What on earth would be keeping you from being married?
"The rings."
-What?
"We're waiting for the rigs to arrive from Peru." -....
Thursday was district meeting. And then we had tacos with the x-boxer and his wife. They have been reading a lot! so cool.
Friday, we went to get our car fixed because the service airbag light has been on for the past 6 months and I was told that it was just a malfunction in the wiring. BUT when that truck hit us head on and the airbag didn't go off I realized that it wasn't just the wiring.
JUST KIDDING ! We didn't get hit.
But we took it in the have the recall thing about the light fixed- but it turned out that there actually was something wrong with the airbag. So... good thing we checked.
Lesson: DON"T ASSUME THAT WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OFF IT"S JUST ELECTRONICS!!!
Later we taught Jean-luc Picard and his wife! Finally I met her. They don't live together. Interesting lesson: She thinks that she's active in the church... yet this was the first time I'd laid eyes on her. Weird how one's concept of reality can be so different from actual reality.
In the evening we had dinner with the Peruvians. SUCH GOOD FOOD! wow. and then we talked about eternal marriage and how that should be a goal for them.
Saturday we helped jean-luc Picard move his stuff From his son's house. Then in the evening we had carne asada and then coordination with our less active ward mission leader. And then got transfer calls!
Sunday I said goodbye to a bunch of people. Had carne asada. Packed my stuff and
Monday here I am! back on the golden streets of my favorite area! WOO HOO!!!!
life is great , isn't it?
Do you realize how much I love you all? Well if you don't, I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!
Thanks for your love and support! You rock my world!
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
catch you next week.
-Elder Barker

No comments: