Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sept 12 And in three...two...one...

HELLO!
Wow. This has been one of the BEST weeks! Lot's of wonderful things! So... where did I leave off last week?... AH! I remember!
Tuesday Lot's of contacting people.
Wed. WAS SO HOT!!!!! We were both sweating so much. Yuck. But we were able to meet with Army Boy's family and talk about the blessings we receive from God according to our faith. And then we had dinner with The West Pointer family. Great food. I'm going to have to get her recipes Because... Shoot-Dang! Good Sope and Agua de Jamica. Oooo sooo good. In the evening we went to Miss Moon and read a little with her and figured out when we were going to have her Baptismal Service (on Sunday!) and we got her ready for the baptismal interview.
Thursday we had an amazing Zone conference! President Bowen's cousin from the Quorum of the Seventy was there. WOW! It was amazing! Like, we talked about the importance and implications of covenants and alot about the Covenant God made with Abraham concerning his posterity (The saviour would be born of his linage, the gospel and priesthood would be sent by his posterity throughout the world, etc.) and agency and how important it is to choose to use our ability to choose correctly. It was a very spiritual meeting. I learned a lot. Too much to write down. Ask me about it later. In the evening we met with one of our investigators and read some in the Book of Mormon with him.
Friday, we were able to meet with some great people and invited them to the Dia de Hispanidad activity on Saturday. We had Miss Noon's Baptismal interview and She passed! Woo!
Saturday was such a fun day! We taught a couple people in the morning and then we went to the activity! We were there to man the Missionary Table, and while there, we got to catch up with how families are doing in the other wards that I've served in. People getting sealed in the temple, and getting baptized and going on missions and great stuff! It was so great! And there were cultural dances and foods and music and we had some of our investigators come and it was a great activity.
Sunday Church was great. As always. DUH it's Church! It's Always Awesome! But then after church was the wonderful Treat! I was just standing around waiting for my companion when another missionary said, "Elder Barker, follow me!" so I waited for my comp and then went to see what the missionary meant. There I saw a sight I had given up hope of seeing: My dear friend who was baptized a year ago! We embraced and talked and just smiled and it was wonderful to see him. AND he told me that his son is preparing for baptism AND that his wife had accompanied him to church! WOW! So great! THEN we had a wonderful baptismal service (for Miss Moon) And the missionary who first started teaching Miss Moon was there and it was great. Then I got to go attend a baptism in my last ward and it was SO wonderful to see the family who I had taught enter into the covenant of baptism. Wow. AMAZING DAY!!!
And today I mailed home my books and we played soccer in my space cadet suit (ha ha. too funny) But really I played in my Mexico Shirt! MEXICOOOOO!!!!! So yeah. Things are good.
I love you all soooo much!
Catch you next week!
-Elder barker

No comments: