Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.

Kj, I know you're right. You said, That there is a time and a season for everything, and that to live will be an awfully big adventure... But... I never thought that today would come. or that it would be such an emotional mix when it did come..
OY! that is all that I can say. OY VE!
Today after packing everything away we had breakfast with the West pointers. Menudo and chili reyeno! yum! The mom said a wonderful prayer that had me in tears and then we were off. Check out at the mission office, make sure you have all your cards and information turned in and spelled correctly. Well done good and faithful servant...
WHY AM I DRINKING PASSION ORANGE GUAVA!??!?! It always makes me emotional...
This week we had such a wonderful week! Sadly I left my planner in my other pants, so I can't tell you all the dirty details. But here's what I remember.
We gave a lady a blessing so she wouldn't be hurting so much recovering from chemo.
I gave a blessing in Spanish to a fellow and the words came that I wasn't even sure if they were right but they turned out to be perfectly said.
Had departing interviews with President Bowen and it was a very spiritual meeting. About letting the lord guide me where he needs me.
Watched "Joesph Smith the Prophet of the Restoration" with the west pointers and the spirit was so strong. there wasn't a dry eye in the room.
I found Bloomingdales' Testimony on Mormon.org. Holy cow! She is on fire!
Stake conference was lovely. All about missionary work. Speakers were Recently returned missionaries and a couple ones from some who were going out to the field in a couple weeks. It really was a conference directly to me. I'm not sure why everyone else was there, but i hope they something out of it too. ;)
we walked for a whole day talking to people in the street and sharing the Gospel.
...
I'm tearing up right now...
man... I don't want to leave.
Oh Mr. Frodo I'm torn in two...
...
I've learned a lot out here.
I talked with a return missionary who had become inactive in the church and in my heart I vowed to keep doing the little things to keep contact with Father in heaven. You know, reading the scriptures, praying going to church: the classic three. It's like you said mom, "It is hard to stay in touch if you don't stay in touch! " And it's the Same with God, and I don't want to fall out of touch with him.
This time out here has changed me forever.
I'm not the same.
Nor do I wish to be the same as I was before.
I can hardly believe that I shall be leaving California in less than a day.
Where did the time go!?
Thankfully as I look back over the things I've done out here and the people I've met and the things that I've learned, I can see that although it was just a blink of an eye, I've fought the good fight, and I've kept the faith.
I know that this church isn't just a nice Idea - It's True! And I know that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God, our saviour and redeemer. I know that He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith to restore that which had been lost: the gospel. And I know these things because I asked God to tell me if it was true, and HE told me that it IS!
If you don't know it, or if you aren't sure if you know it- I'm going to take advantage of the short time left that I have as a duly ordained minister and Representative of Jesus Christ himself and say- Find out! Do what it takes.
Come on Guys. I just spent two years of my life proclaiming this to everyone that I could. Figure out why I did it! Why is this something that I would devote my life to?
I can tell you why- It's because I know that it's true.
I hope you can find that out too.
I pray that you can.
You can start by reading in, and praying about, The Book of Mormon. It truly is Another testament of Christ.
I love you all.
Thank you so much for supporting me on this adventure... quest... thing. I thank you for every prayer and thought and letter you sent my way. It made my pathway bright.
well...
this is it.
so long.
and thanks for all the fish.
-Elder Soren J. Barker

No comments: