Monday, March 7, 2011

And a partridge in a palm tree... (Dec 20)

Hello, Hello Hello HELLO!
How are you all on this fine blustery misty moisty morning? Things are going pretty great out here. It's only a few more days till Christmas! WHAT?!?! Where did the time go? It seems like yesterday it was August. wow...
This week was a pretty good one. I missed Santa Lucia... Mostly because there isn't a girl in the apartment who could bring cookies to the household and welcome in the solstice ;-)
So, Monday we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned our apartment 'Cause we're moving soon. This Thursday to be precise. Merry Christmas to us! We'll be in a new home for Christmas! We were able to meet with a wonderful Girl that we met last Sunday. I can't remember if I told you about her BUT she is awesome! She has been going to Institute (Scripture studies) for a few weeks and has been loving it and her friend said, "Hey why don't you meet with the missionaries?" And so we met up Sunday evening and then we met with her again Monday Night. Woot! It was after the Multi Stake Family Home evening Activity Ginger Bread house making contest which she won! The lesson was great. and her prayer at the end was priceless: "Thank you Father for my friends and for My Elders and helping me to learn more about you and where I came from and I'm excited to learn more and to be baptized." She is super cool.
Tuesday we had a cool meeting with a man on a park bench who was watching his friend doing some Jackson Pollack-style painting. Is that the right guy? Splatter paint Dribble Master mess madness? It was a good talk though.
Wed. We got to inspect the missioinaries' cars that were at a Zone conference. Fun stuff! After that we me with this one guy who is kind of out there in his beliefs, but It was a really fun discussion. And that was it. We did some knocking and that was fun. We met this guy who talked to us for about 45 min about how the Lord healed him in multiple occasions and it was fun. Fun!
Thursday WE GOT TO HAVE ZONE CONFERENCE! And we acted out the nativity scene, and sang and had a great spiritual meeting. I WAS THE ANGEL!!! Afterwards I got to interview an amazing woman for baptism. Wow. What a wonderful experience. She is recognizing blessings and great stuff. AND we met with our friend from Monday night and it went great.
Friday we planned forever and then we had a couple meetings.
Saturday we had exchanges with the Assistants. It went great. We followed so many promptings and knocked on doors of people that needed us there to brighten their days and it was wonderful!
And Sunday was good too. Church was the Christmas program and it was lovely.
And now it's today! yay!
I'm soooo excited to call home! YAY! I love you all sooo mcuh!
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR your cards and notes. I love My Christmas gifts! It's the best to hear about your missionary efforts or Church investigating.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Love ya,
-Elder Barker

No comments: