Monday, March 7, 2011

HOLA! (Feb 28)

WOW! One week down!
Wow... that's all I can really say.
Most of the week i didn't have a clue what was going on and the other part I didn't have a clue how to explain myself and get points across. Lots of praying for the gift of interpretation of tongues for those we teach so they can understand me.
ANYWAYS! Tuesday I met the bishop (or rather Obispo) of my ward Obispo Santos. (Cool name huh?) After teaching English class in the evening, he came into the relief society room and asked if we could talk for a 1/2 hour. Sure. It was so cool. He pumped me up so much to work. "Everyone in Santa Ana will know Brother Joseph again! So wear out your shoes and bloody your knuckles knocking and talking to everyone! Camine Commo un Leon! Walk like a lion!" And he said more too, but I can't translate very well, but It was good stuff.
Thursday I was on exchanges With Elder Saxton! Blast from the past! Funny thing: second birthday in the mish, and I was with him for the last one too! Fun Fun! We taught some great lessons, and had a grand ol' time.
Yes, I did get the b-day packages in time! Thank you thank you thank you! That really is too cool that you were picking out all that Spanish stuff mom, and you didn't even know that I was going to be serving in a Spanish area! What an inspired Mother I have.
In church on Sunday Obispo Santos asked me if I would bear my testimony in sacrament meeting. Oy... Miraculously we went over on time so there wasn't time for me to go. YAY! But I know he'll try to get me later. Funny story: after sacrament meeting I was standing in the hallway and an Hermana put her head out of the class room door and said in Spanish, "Elder! I need you to dress up like king Benjamin and come in and talk to the kids about king Benjamin! Can you do that?" ...Uh... sure! So I got to be a king for a few minutes!
Sorry I'm not including too many details about the week. I'm still trying to get down who it is that we are teaching and all that fun stuff.
Wow. The Lord is great! I'm so thankful for your prayers and thoughts and good wishes in my direction. I love you all!
Be well!
-Elder barker

No comments: