Monday, March 7, 2011

BLOOMINGDALES GOT BAPTIZED! (Jan 31)

What a wonderful week!
Monday was the start of our wonderful goal of finding 1,000 people as a mission this week to share the book of Mormon with. All of us missionaries knelt in prayer at 5:00 to start this wonderful week and It went well. In the evening Bloomingdale's Got baptized! It was such an epic event. It was packed! Like... Standing room only and the Guy who spoke was the institute teacher and he was Wonderful!

So! And... oh, Bloomingdale's' Mom is Jewish! WHY WASN'T I TOLD?!!! Hello!!! I LOVE THE TRIBE OF JUDAH!

Anyways, the speaker brought alot of Hebrew connections into the reason for baptism and the role of Christ being our redeemer (or in Hebrew, our kinsman). Great stuff. And the Refreshments! WOW! Amazing! So.... it was good.
Tuesday Elder Reidhead and I split up for what was planned to be a short exchange (just to pass off a guy who should be taught in another ward) BUT It ended up being the whole day! We just couldn't work out the logistics of switching back. So that was fun. We (Elder Toland and I) taught Bloomingdale's about missionary work and how she as a member can share with her friends! She is so stoked and has a huge fire in her. When Elder R. and I finally met up again it was time for another exchange!
Wed was a fun day. Lots of talking to people. But we didn't really get to teach anything. This one woman who is a Jehovah's Witness was just getting home from ministering. She talked our ears off about all kinds of stuff ranging from, "Oh So you ONLY do this for 18 months?!" well, actually it's 24 months. "That's All?! WE minister ALL our LIVES!" Then she went on about some weird stuff that I didn't quite grasp. Anyways.... You get the picture. Not the most effective day. And then Elder R. and I met up again JUST in time for our NEXT EXCHANGE!!!
Thursday I got to help a young missionary see the importance of inviting every one to draw closer to God, specifically though baptism. And It was a great day to help him grasp that because we met with the cousin of one of the girls on the branch who had attended Bloomingdale's' baptism (Whom I will call McDonald's because she works there). So McDonald's really wanted to learn more about the book of Mormon so we got her one in Tagalog so she could read it better and we taught about why it is important to even have the Book of Mormon and we invited her to pray to God and ask Him if the book is true. Good stuff.
Friday was Friday. On of the Elder's in the zone wasn't feeling well, so we went on splits so his companion could go out. So I stayed and read in the scriptures for a bit.
Saturday I played babysitter again and I caught up in my journal! (It's been 4 months since I've been caught up so that's a good accomplishment) and I read thorough 1 and 2 Chronicles and had wonderful time to ponder and reflect on stuff.
Sunday Bloomingdale's Got confirmed and was given the gift of the Holy Ghost! And Church was great! In the evening we gave...ooh I don't know if this girl has a nickname...I will call her Flower. We gave Flower's Mother a blessing because she will be having surgery on Monday (today) and it was great.
SO! the week was fun! and full of great things!
I hope yours was as well.
I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN I CAN EXPLAIN!
Be well!
Love,
-Elder Barker

No comments: