Monday, March 7, 2011

Launchpad! Launchpad! I've lost my voice! (Dec 27)

CAN YOU NAME IT!??? (besides immediate family of course and Kj if you didn't catch it I WIN I WIN!!!)
So! Hey It's another Monday! Woooo hoooo! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Thank you for your gifts and letters and Updates about stuff. I sure had a wonderful time Christmas morning tearing through letters and cards and yummy food. Awww...
SO! The week! The week! There were wonderful things that happened during the week! Last Monday we had a great lesson with that girl who's been attending institute and works at Bloomingdale's (I hope she can get me a discount--JK). The lesson went really really well. We talked about the scriptures and praying and the Word of Wisdom!
She is so great.
We said, "So, Now that you know about the Word of Wisdom are you willing to follow it?"
Her response "I'll try."
"What would be the hardest for you to over come? Alcohol? Tobacco? Drug---"
"I like meat!"
"What?" "It says to eat meat sparingly... and... I like meat... But I'll try to cut down."

Isn't that great?!
After the lesson we had an exchange with one of the District Leaders. [ this means Soren and his companion switched things up for a bit and taught lessons with the District Leader and his companion ].
Tuesday we met with this one guy who was baptized almost two years ago, who has drifted away from the church. Mostly he stopped believing in a God. He said after his friend's mom died he had to question why. And it's sad to think what the world is like for those who don't believe in a loving God who wants us to return to his presence. It's Not the End! There's more! Your friend's Mom isn't gone forever: We will still exist when we pass on. There were more miracles that happened on Tuesday, mostly with perfect timing and meeting people and showing up on their door and all that jazz at EXACTLY the right time.
Wednesday we were able to meet with this cool gal. She's awesome! She's been going to church with her friend and now she wants to meet with us and come to our congregation. YAY!
Thursday we had district meeting and then we MOVED TO OUR NEW APARTMENT!!! It was like the city of Enoch... except... not quite.
elder griffin says hi!!!!! e. barker is awesome!!!
on Friday we did planning and then we moved more stuff to the apartment! AND we had the most wonderful Christmas eve dinner! Rice Ala-mond! and HAM and then after dinner we had a white elephant exchange! I got a pen... Not too too crazy. But I was able to give it to a poor elder who didn't receive much for Christmas. AND we delivered last-minute packages to the missionaries and Caroled our way home!
Christmas I talked to my FAMILY!!!! YAYAYAYAY!!! And opened packages and letters! AND we had dinner with some members! TAMALES! YUM! and then we caroled with the district and that's when I lost my voice!
Sunday was great! We were able to meet with this great guy who's been coming to church with us for a few weeks but has been hesitant to really meet with us. It was wonderful! He's so curious and eager to learn more!
And we caroled (a day late) and my voice left even more!
Today... is today!
We just watched the video: "How Rare a Possession" SO good.
I love you all!

I hope the New Year brings true happiness and great resolutions to be Marvelous!
I love you!!!
_elder barker

No comments: