Monday, March 7, 2011

Hola! Soy Un Misionero! (feb 22)

Wow! What a week! WHAT A WEEK!
First off, Happy President's Day... yesterday... I hope it was presidential for all of you.
The big news from this part of town is that I am no longer a knight who says, "Nee" I am now a Knight who says, "Iky-iky-iky-kapang-I'm in a Spanish area now- zip boing." Wow... Didn't see that transfer coming. But I guess I'm staying true to my usual transfer cycle. 4.5 months in an area. But SPANISH?! Wow.
So Last week (and you'll have to forgive me- I forgot my old planner at the apartment so I don't remember all the details)
We met with B almost everyday. He went to the beach to have a bonfire FHE activity with the Branch. But other than that we met with him everyday and everyday he was further and further in the Book of Mormon. By Friday he came to us and said, "I don't understand this part." And he opened up to the index. -You're all done? "Yes of course. But what is this part talking about?" -That's a study aid that you can look up stuff by topic, but B you finished! "I read until 4am every night. I read more than you do!" -Yes, B that's true. WOW! And he came to Church and he's just doing great! When I told him that I was being transferred he was really sad, "You aren't just my teacher or a friend! you are my brother! How can you just leave me?" So we talked about how the Lord calls us to different places to labor and serve. Man... I'm going to miss him.
We had a great miracle happen! Power of prayer manifest! We were trying to get this TV remote to work so that a district meeting could have a TV to do some training but the code just wouldn't program into the remote. We spent about 30 min. trying to get it to work, using different combinations of buttons and so on and so forth. So we stopped and said, "let's pray." We knelt and prayed and then picked up the remote AND VI-OLA! It worked! Huzzah! So--moral of the story, nothing is too big or too small to ask God to help with.
Well my new area is about 1/10 the size of my last one and the apartment is about that too. My companion, Elder Tinti is very cool and his Spanish is Awesome! Mine on the other hand... isn't. BUT I get to learn! We have some lessons to teach today and tomorrow I teach district meeting so I will have many opportunities to perfect my espanol.
After Church on Sunday Bloomingdale's came up to us and proudly waved her newly issued limited use temple recommend! So now she can go to the temple and do baptisms for and in behalf of those who have passed on who never were able to do that themselves. "I just wanted to thank you for teaching me and getting me to this point and all of that. Now I know everything!" -Well... you don't know everything yet. You're still learning. "Oh... that's right. I'm just getting ahead of myself." Ha ha ha.
Pues... Gracias por sus oraciones y apollo. I love you all so much!
Be well!
-Elder Barker

No comments: